Test Results Analysis with New Reporting Functionality
QuickTest 10.00 includes a powerful set of new reporting options that help you analyze and manage your run results more thoroughly and efficiently. These include:
- Jump to step. When you want to know more about a particular node in the Test Results window, right-click it and select Jump to Step in QuickTest. The QuickTest main window comes into focus, and the cursor jumps to the relevant step. For more information, see Jumping to a Step.
- Export Test Results to Microsoft Word or PDF Formats. In addition to HTML format, you can now select to save your QuickTest run results in Microsoft Word or PDF formats. You can then share this information, together with any local system monitoring data, with your developers and performance testing teams. For more information, see Exporting Test Results.
- New Image Reporting Options:
- Add Images to the Test Results. When you use the Reporter.ReportEvent method to add information to the run results, you can now specify an image file as the fourth argument. When you view the results, the image is displayed in the Result Details tab of the Test Results window. For example, you can include an image returned by a CaptureBitmap step in the run results. For more information, see ReportEvent Method in the Utility section .
- View Bitmaps Differences in Bitmap Checkpoints. In addition to the expected and actual bitmaps that are displayed in the Test Results window, you can also select to view the differences between the two. The difference bitmap is a black-and-white image that contains one black pixel for every pixel that is different between the two images. For more information, see Analyzing Bitmap Checkpoint Results.
- Include Images in Exported and Printed Test Results. When you choose the Detailed option for printing or exporting, the document now includes all images. These include screen captures of steps, expected, actual, and difference bitmaps for bitmap checkpoints, and any images sent to the run results using the ReportEvent method. For more information, see Printing Test Results.
- Additional Quality Center Details. The run results for tests and components that are run as part of a Quality Center test set now include the Quality Center server and project name