Here comes another good book on QTP. Book is Test Automation and QTP written by Rajeev Gupta.
About the Book:
This book is a one-stop resource that explains all concepts, features and benefits of test automation and QTP with real-time examples. The book has been designed to be a beginner’s guide for new users, a companion guide for experienced users and a reference guide for professionals appearing for interviews or certification exams on test automation and QTP.
- Describes in detail how to start, execute, maintain and manage a test automation project.
- Describes the test automation life cycle in detail – need analysis, ROI analysis, tool analysis, framework design, script development and maintenance.
- Detailed coverage of advanced topics such as smart object identification, object repository design, regular expressions, descriptive programming, recovery scenario and automation object model.
- Contains various templates specifically for meeting client requirement
“The book has extensive coverage of wide range topics using QTP with multiple diverse applications like XML, Excel, HTML DOM, ASTARC, email and database. This book could be useful for a beginner’s well as the advanced user of test automation and QTP.”
- Chandramouli Seetharaman, CSP testing, Cognizant, Chennai
“This book is an excellent introduction to the concepts and practice of test automation. Starting from the very basics, the author takes the reader through test automation life cycle, metrics, and the details of the implementation… Several appendices provide scripting templates, guidelines, checklists, requirements, and standards. This surely is a must read for managers and test engineers and test engineers who aim at test automation.”
- Aditya Mathur, Purdue University, Indiana, USA
“The illustrative approach used to cover the intricacies of QTP as well as the lucid and effective presentation of the material covered will be very useful to the novice as well as advanced learners.”
- Dr Prakash Goteti, Subject Matter Expert – Testing, Mahindra Satyam
“This book should be on the desk of every test manager, project manager and test engineer. Rajeev Gupta’s book covers the gamut of test automation, which includes the test automation life cycle, test automation framework, and advanced QTP, and provides insightful, practical suggestions on how to utilize them for successfully test automation. Reading the quick tips in this book will help anyone to overcome any issues in the test automation cycle using QTP.
- S. Chandramoulli, PMP Senior Delivery Manager, Cognizant, Chennai
“It’s a great technical book on assurance automation for students and beginners in the IT industry. Great work!”
- Kalpesh Paradia, Western Region Delivery Head, retail, TATA Consultancy Services
About Author: Rajeev Gupta has over five years of experience in test automation. He has worked on several multi-national companies automation projects and has been instrumental in setting up and guiding many core technical automation departments.
Giveaway: (For Indian Users only)
Author is planning to giveaway 5 books to our readers. Contest will Begin at 09/07/2012 and Ends on 09/30/2012. After the end date, one winner will be announced in every 10 days till 5 winners are chosen. The announcement dates are 30 Sep, 10 Oct, 20Oct, 30 Oct and 10 Nov. we will choose 5 random entries as winners from the participants/entries with higher points
We will publish a separate post on how to enter this contest. Till then you can like the book Page – https://www.facebook.com/QTPBOOK
— Happy Testing